Sunday, June 17, 2012

Memories that Will Never Fade....


A few memories I've been pondering lately...
  • You taking me to see the llamas... There are a couple places where llamas live in the Salt Lake Valley. One up by Brighton (conveniently across the street from where I met Isaiah, and one in Draper). You LOVED these llamas and got so excited to bring me, and other people close to you to see them. 
  • Knowing that EVERY time you went to the gas station, I would get a treat if I went with you. Which usually ended in me scarfing down a zingers, or a Grandma Sycamore's pink sugar cookie. 
  • You calling Karissa, Haley and I, Shadrach, Meshach and Abendego. I have no idea what inspired these names you gave us our sophomore year of high school, but these nicknames brought laughter to all of us. 
  • Numerous times sitting in the car as a family, and suddenly, you'd shout, "I'll give a dollar to whoever can tell me who is singing." Being the youngest, I usually couldn't get the 80's singers you loved, but occasionally I do. I found myself doing this to some of the young women as I was driving them home and all I could do was smile knowing that I had got it from you (although I didn't offer them any money for a correct answer... whoops). 
  • The memory of "Shut the Hell up" in Hawaii... As the three of us kids (Aub, Nick, and I) kept fighting in the back of the car during our travels in Hawaii, this infamous line came out and it officially became the motto of our trip. 
  • You yelling, "Group hug" at the end of so many family events
  • When you would get so excited for all activities in life. Whether it was laser tag, going to fly those styrofoam airplanes, or something else random, you always got so excited and ready to go which resulted in the entire family getting excited and ready to go.
  • I loved how with every dance or school performance you would be there... camcorder and all. You did a wonderful job at filming me in everything, and I can only imagine how tired your arms would get.
  • Sometimes, in middles school, I was lucky enough to have you drive me to school instead of taking the bus. One time I was complaining about a sore throat on the way to school and I remember how you gave me a dollar so I could go get some gobstoppers. I felt so lucky the entire day simply because I had gobstoppers in hand.
  • I remember your love for dogs. All dogs. I think i have taken this attribute from you completely. Just like you, I will never walk by a dog on the street without asking to pet the dog. We absolutely love our sweet dog Harley right now and although everyone thinks she is a boy because of her manly name, I literally think she is the cutest dog in the world. 
  • I remember when you would take nick, aubrey and I to social functions with your job, rather than mom. I loved when I was the one who got to go with you to La Caille and I will never forget it. I'm sure it would have been easier and possibly more socially acceptable if you took mom each time, but it meant a lot to me, especially considering the short amount of time that we had together. A few weeks ago I was at a dinner for a doctors association with Isaiah and there was a doctor with his date as his 7 year old little girl. It brought back about a million memories and I was hoping this young girl knew how lucky she really was... even though she was in the midst of  hundreds of adults.
  • I remember when you'd sing me the song that goes, "I've got the brains, you've got the looks, lets make lots of money". I would always laugh so hard and absolutely love it.
  • Speaking of you singing, you actually sang A LOT to all kinds of songs and I loved it every time. It happened when we were in the car, or even walking somewhere. You didn't do it to show off your mad singing skills, you did it to make me laugh my head off. 
  • I remember how you would always call mom and leave her messages of songs... Like you would choose one that sang about love, or had lyrics that aligned with something you wanted to tell mom, and you'd wait till the message machine came on and then press play for the music to leave the message. I remember being with mom when she would get them and being a little confused at why you'd call and just leave music, but now I see how great of an idea that was. 
  • One night, when I was probably like 8, I remember how you and mom got in a little argument and I went of to my room crying because I thought this meant you would get a divorce. You came into my room, talked with me a little, and promised me you would never get a divorce, ever. I loved knowing this for the rest of my life and you certainly kept your promise. 
  • I remember how whenever a packers game was on, the entire house knew it. During these games, our house consisted of screams when the packers made brilliant moves, as well as when the packers made not so brilliant moves. Either way, I remember how every time they won a game you would yell, "Packers win, PACKERS WIN!!"
  • I also remember countless nights of you playing video games with nick and aubrey after their bedtime... Mom would get so mad haha. You'd always tell them to be quiet so mom didn't hear, but I think that she usually did. From my knowledge, your favorites were Madden, and 007 Die another day.
I love the memories I have of you, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the entire world. Although it is hard recognizing that we can not make any together for the remainder of this life, I look forward to making more in the eternities to come. 

I'll love you forever, 
Marie a.k.a Reebok

No comments:

Post a Comment