Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Little Things....

Dear Dad,

       I'm sorry it has been forever, I guess school and life has gotten the best of me lately. A couple weeks ago, I had a cold and my throat was killing me. All i could think of was the little things that you always did for me in my life. For example, I remember when i was in 7th or 8th grade and you were driving me to school and I was complaining about my throat since I had a cold, and you gave me a dollar, told me to buy some gobstoppers and suck on them during some of my classes. At the moment, I was excited for a dollar and the extra candy. But i think a couple of weeks ago, I finally understood how I should have reacted in that situation. I should have been grateful for the love you showed me in that situation, rather than just excited for candy. I'm sure I should have thanked you more. Thanked you when you gave me the money, and thanked you when you came home from work because my day turned out better than it would've because I got to suck on gobstoppers and think about you while I did. I was really grateful for that dad, I should have told you that in the moment, and I'm sorry about that.
         Something else occurred a couple weeks ago that you will NOT believe, after it happened, mom said that you were probably laughing wherever you were because she gave in. Well you know what... Me and Isaiah got a puppy!! She is the cutest thing in the world and you would absolutely love her. Her name is Harley Jane and she is the cutest, most loving dog in the entire world.

 Cutest little face I've ever seen!! 

She sleeps like this every single night!! 

     This also reminded me of something. I wanted a dog a few years ago and begged and begged mom to let me have one, and you finally talked her into it. I remember you coming to the house i was babysitting at one night and bringing me a dog that you got for me. Thank you for that memory and trying to do that for me. I love you.
 
I'll love you forever daddy,
              Marie (aka Reebok)

1 comment:

  1. Marie, I love your blog. Your posts are always so inspiring and really help put life into perspective. You are such a neat girl.

    ReplyDelete